Puerto Vallarta Real Estate
Introduction to Puerto Vallarta & Riviera Nayarit Real Estate
With regards to real estate, Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit stand out as two of Mexico's most popular tourism-related real estate destinations in the country. Each year more tourism real estate is sold in Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit than any other Mexican destination and has the largest American and Canadian expat communities along Mexico's coastline. And for good reason. The variety of real estate homes and condos in Puerto Vallarta and neighboring Riviera Nayarit just doesn't get much better. Choose from a beachfront home or something on the hillside overlooking the bay and town. Or perhaps a Vallarta home or condo in one of three marinas, along the canals, or along one of the numerous golf courses around Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit. Your house can be right down town, close to everything, or off the beaten path, away from it all. And there's something for everyone's price range. Puerto Vallarta has plenty to offer for those considering real estate in the sun or perhaps early retirement!
We have developed two sites to provide you with a wealth of information about real estate in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit. MLSVallarta.com provides a MLS Search engine with six different ways to search for real estate. As well, there are numerous articles, popular region descriptions, maps, and much more. VallartaRealEstateGuide.com provides information on the many real estate developments around the bay, including descriptions, photos, inventory and map locations.
First Things First...
Here are some articles that can help you become more familiar with the local real estate markets:
- Vallarta real estate 101
- Six ways to search for real estate
- Home seller's guide
- Place to start for selling or buying real estate
- Should I work with a Realtor?
- Vacation Home Options
- Why Puerto Vallarta?
- In search of the perfect condominium...
Multiple Listing Services (MLS)
There are two MLS services serving the greater Vallarta area. MLSVallarta.com has more than 1,500 properties and has been serving the region since 1989. It provides both re-sale and new product or development properties listings and you can search in a number of different ways, such as by categorized photos or videos, or by using maps to search by property or development type. The local real estate, AMPI, also has a MLS service called FlexMLS.
Real Estate Directories
For information on the real estate agencies, development and service providers in the region, check out these directories:
Popular Real Estate Regions
We've created separate information pages for each community in regards to what real estate is available, that is available on our real estate site MLSVallarta.com. On this site the names of communities are broken down a little differently than on this site, in order to be more specific and fit the demands of the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). To get more comfortable with where these regions and sub-regions are situated, you may want to refer to this map. Roll the cursor over the map to see a description of each region.
The primary regions and its sub-regions are:
- Vallarta Central: Northside, Southside, Eastside, Amapas, Conchas Chinas
- Vallarta North: Hotel Zone, Marina Vallarta, Rio Pitillal Arriba, Rio Pitillal Abajo
- South Shore: Garza Blanca, Playas Gemelas, Mismaloya, Boca de Tomatlan, El Tuito
- Valle Jalisco: Aeropuerto, Ixtapa, Las Juntas, Las Palmas
- Valle Nayarit: Valle de Banderas, Flamingos, Jarretaderas, Nuevo Vallarta.
- North Shore: Bucerias, Costa Banderas, La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Punta de Mita
- Costa Nayarit: Costa Tortugas, Guayabitos, Litibu, Lo de Marcos, Mantenchen Bay, San Pancho, Sayulita
- Sierra Madre: Mascota, San Sebastián del Oeste, Talpa de Allende.
- Costalegre: Barra de Navidad, Carreyes, Costalegre