Hot Spot: El Pitillal Plaza
Published Oct 26, 2007 - (Updated Dec 5, 2012)
Featured in Vallarta Lifestyles Magazine, Fall/Winter 2007 issue.
Thanks to modern conveniences, most of us today can tootle along major supermarket aisles and shopping centers finding just about every item we could possibly require on a day-to-day basis. This was not always the case, however, as exemplified today by the small-town charm of Pitillal Plaza. Think of Pitillal Plaza and surroundings as a multi-block shopping center. Dare to wander up and down the streets and you will find all sorts of small stores selling an unimaginable variety of tchotchkes. Highlighted here are some of our favorites.
- El Vaquero - Cowboy fashions, Mexican style
- Tlapalería Los Arcos - Hardware store
- Fondants - Gourmet bakery
- Huarachería Corona - Traditional leather sandals
- El Lirio de los Valles - Mix-it-yourself granola in bulk
- Veterinaria El Palenque - Pet supplies and hardware items
- Pescadería Juanita - Fresh fish market
- Ángel de Luz - Candle-making supplies
- Fraiché - Custom-designed fragrances
- Farmacias Guadalajara - Drugstore / minimart
- Karina - Toys, novelties, plastic goods for the home
- La Perlita - Crafting supplies