Pork Shank in Peanut Mole
Published Aug 3, 2007 - (Updated Dec 11, 2012)
Featured in Vallarta Lifestyles Magazine, Summer/Fall 2007 issue.
Courtesy of Agave Grill
Pork Shank Ingredients
4 pork shanks • 1 onion • 8 garlic gloves
4 bay leaves • 1 cup tequila blanco
1. Sear pork shanks on all sides.
2. Bake with onion, garlic, bay leaves and tequila in 350° F oven for three hours.
3. Remove from oven and let rest for an hour.
Peanut Mole Ingredients
16 oz. tomatoes • 8 oz. peanuts • 1 onion • 4 garlic cloves
2 sprigs thyme • 250 ml tequila • 1 quart chicken broth
2 chipotle chilies • Corn oil • Allspice or nutmeg
- Fire roast the tomatoes.
- Toast the peanuts and then lightly fry them in a small amount of corn oil.
- Put all ingredients in pan and cook at low boil for a half hour or until reduced by 30%.
- Blend in a food processor and strain.
- Season with salt, pepper and allspice or nutmeg.