Osso Buco & Mushroom Risotto
Published Feb 28, 2005 - (Updated Jul 10, 2012)
Courtesy of Coco Tropical
- 4 pieces ossobuco (veal shank, 23 oz. each)
- 1 oz. flour
- 2 oz. oil
- 2 oz. chopped onion
- 75 oz. chopped garlic
- 3 oz. celery, cut in small cubes
- 3 oz. leek, cut in small cubes
- 2 oz. carrots, cut in small cubes
- 2 oz. tomato paste
- 11 oz. red wine
- 13 oz. beef bouillon
- pinch of salt and white pepper
- pinch of thyme
- pinch of marjoram
- 1.5 oz. chopped parsley
- 8 oz. chopped peeled tomato
- • 4 branches rosemary
- • .66 oz. chopped lemon peel
- Season veal shank with salt and pepper and coat with flour.
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan and brown veal shanks on all sides.
- Add chopped onions, garlic, celery, leek and carrots. Saut all for two minutes.
- Add tomato paste and the remaining flour. Saut all two more minutes.
- Add spices and red wine, reduce to half and add beef bouillon.
- Bake covered for 75 minutes or until tender in an oven preheated to 375° F.
- Add parsley, lemon peel and tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Serve on risotto, garnish with rosemary.
- 1.5 oz. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 oz. chopped onion
- 0.5 oz. chopped garlic
- 10 oz. Italian Arborio rice
- pinch of saffron
- 7 oz. dry white wine
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 5 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 oz. finely sliced fresh mushrooms
- 21 oz. chicken bouillon
- Fry onion and garlic in olive oil in heavy skillet until yellow.
- Add Arborio rice and saffron and sauté one minute.
- Add white wine and reduce to half.
- Add half the chicken bouillon. Season with salt and pepper and simmer 15 minutes or until “al dente,” gradually adding remaining bouillon.
- When almost done, add Parmesan cheese and mushrooms.