Pear Salad with Honey-Mustard Vinaigrette
Courtesy of Frascati
- 1 red-tip lettuce leaf • 1 romaine lettuce leaf • 1 chicory (radicchio) leaf • 4 pears, cut into cubes
- 2 carrots, julienned • 1/2 red onion, julienned • 2 tomatoes, julienned • 1 oz mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and ground black pepper • 8 strawberries, quartered • 4 tbsp chopped walnuts • 1.4 oz blue cheese
- 3 tsp toasted black sesame seeds • 1 pear, cut in strips • Cherry tomatoes
Shred lettuce leaves and place in a bowl. Add julienne vegetables and pear cubes. Season with salt and pepper. Add vinaigrette and mix all. Serve in center of plates, surrounded by strawberries. Garnish with pear slices, cherry tomatoes, walnuts, sesame seeds and blue cheese.
- 2 oz Dijon mustard • 1/2 c honey • 1 oz balsamic vinegar • 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 c olive oil • Salt and ground black pepper
Blend first four ingredients in a bowl. Gradually add olive oil to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper.