Flounder with Apricot
Published Sep 21, 2005 - (Updated Jul 9, 2012)
Courtesy of Vista Grill
- 1/2 lb. flounder fillet
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. white wine
- 1 tsp. tequila
- 2 tbsp. chicken broth
- 1 lime
- 2 oz. diced onion
- Asparagus spears
- Slice the fillet lengthwise into two pieces.
- Season with salt, pepper and lime and shape into a roll.
- Brown the onion in olive oil.
- Add the rolled fillet to pan.
- Add tequila and flame.
- Add white wine and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook until done.
- Serve with apricot sauce and asparagus garnish
Apricot Sauce: (6 servings)
- 1-3/4 cups red wine
- 1-3/4 cups sherry
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 2 oz. sugar
- 3/4 oz. chicken bouillon powder
- 6-1/2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 6-1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 6-1/2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Mix all ingredients except sesame seeds in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Pour over fish fillet and garnish with sesame seeds.