Featured in Vallarta Lifestyles Magazine, Fall/Winter 2007 issue.
Courtesy of Mezzogiorno
4 eggs • 1 tsp olive oil • 400 g (14 oz) flour • 5 g salt
1. Beat eggs and olive oil.
2. Put egg mixture, flour and salt in a bread mixer and mix. Continue the process by hand by adding more flour, if needed.
3. Cover the dough with a cloth and rest it for about an hour, while you prepare filling and sauce.
4. Roll the dough and cut it into 6-cm circles or any shape you prefer.
5. Add the filling, close the edges, and cook in boiling salted water until they float (10-15 min).
560 g (20 oz) eggplant • 15 ml (1 Tbsp) olive oil • 100 g (3.5 oz) onions, chopped fine
100 g (3.5 oz) tomato pulp • Salt and pepper • Chopped basil
1. Cut the eggplant lengthwise and bake at 350ºF for about 20 minutes.
2. Remove the pulp, chop finely.
3. In a frying pan, add olive oil, onions, tomato and eggplant pulp, salt and pepper.
4. Reserve and add basil.
600 g (21 oz) tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped • 5 g garlic • 40 g (1.5 oz) black olives, pitted
20 g (0.7 oz) capers • 80 ml (3 oz) olive oil • Salt and pepper • Cilantro, chopped • Sun-dried tomatoes
15 ml (1 Tbsp) lemon juice • Red pepper flakes
1. Sautee the chopped tomatoes, garlic, olives, capers, olive oil, cilantro, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice and red pepper.
2. Add the raviolis to the sauce and serve.