Coconut Prawns with Spicy Tamarind Sauce
Published Feb 28, 2005 - (Updated Jul 15, 2013)
Courtesy of Los Xitomates
- 6 jumbo-size prawns
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. dry coconut flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100 grams olive oil
- 6 leaves lemon grass
- Peel and clean raw prawns and insert skewers from the tail.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Coat with flour, then the beaten egg and the breadcrumbs mixed with coconut.
- Deep fry in olive oil and wrap with the lemon grass leaves.
- 100 grams tamarind pulp
- 10 grams ginger
- 50 grams lemon grass
- 5 grams garlic
- 20 ml olive oil
- 3 grams piquin chili powder
- 20 grams sugar
- Soak the tamarind pulp, and then strain it.
- Chop ginger, lemon grass leaves and garlic.
- Fry with olive oil, and then blend.
- Add sugar and piquin chili to the pulp; then mix until thick and uniform.