Blue Cheese Chopped Salad
Published Sep 21, 2005 - (Updated Jul 10, 2012)
Courtesy of Outback Steakhouse
Four entrée-size portions
- 1 Head romaine lettuce
- 4 Heads iceberg lettuce
- 1 lb. Shredded carrot
- 1 lb. Shredded red cabbage
- 3 oz. Chopped chives
- 5 oz. Angel hair pasta (fried and broken)
- 5 oz. Blue cheese chopped in squares
- 5 oz. Balsamic vineger
- 3 oz. Caramelized candied pecans
- Chop lettuce in 1/2-inch squares.
- Mix lettuce with the carrot, cabbage, pecans and vinegar.
- Add the angel hair pasta, blue cheese and chives.
- Serve in a chilled bowl.
Serving Suggestion: Top with sliced grilled chicken breast.