Why Title Guaranty?
Published Oct 17, 2007 - (Updated Aug 18, 2012)
When you decide to buy a property you must be certain that after the sale has been completed you will be the true owner of the property. You need to be confident that no liens, encumbrances or other impediments will prevent your free use and enjoyment of the property.
Guaranty for the property owner
The same way you purchase life insurance to protect your interests, a Title Guaranty should be purchased to protect your property title interests. Your real estate investment will probably be the biggest investment you will ever make and loss of this investment can be financially devastating. You need to be certain that you are financially protected from potential losses.
What does a title guaranty provide?
- Protection against monetary losses, brought about by hidden ownership claims that may be made against the property title;
- Payment of legal expenses if the company must defend your property title against a claim covered by the Title Guaranty in the local courts;
- Payment of valid claims against your property title, up to the amount of the Title Guaranty.
Some of the risks covered by a Title Guaranty
- Invalid documents executed under expired or no existent power.
- False assumption of identify of legitimate property owner.
- Falsification of documents, legal power, and other papers related to the transfer of property title.
- Liens or other financial burdens charged to the previous property owner.
- Non-registered property easements.
- Hidden heirs of previous property owners.
- Documents executed by minors of age.
- Invalid Documents delivered after death of previous owner.
Peace of mind
Once acquired, a Title Guaranty remains in place as long as you own the property giving you a lifetime of security and peace of mind backed by financial stability. Because only one payment is required a Title Guaranty is a cost effective method of protecting your real estate investment and enhancing the value of your property.
Choosing a company to protect your investment
Recognized as a leader in the title insurance industry, Stewart Title’s reputation is backed by a century-old tradition of solid financial strength. Attorneys, developers, investors, lenders and commercial buyers and sellers throughout the world look for financial stability when selecting a title insurance company. As the only title insurer to increase reserves and surplus consecutively for more than 29 years, Stewart Title provides policyholders the ownership security essential to land transactions.
Ranking among the largest title insurers in the world, Stewart Title, consistently receives exemplary ratings from companies who define the industry standards. In October of 2001, Stewart was added to Standard and Poor’s SmallCap Index, and returned to the Forbes Platinum 400 List of the “The Best Big Companies in America” in 2002 and 2003.
In the growing markets of Latin America, Stewart has formed strategic relationships with local lawyers to develop a unique alliance that provides buyers, sellers, and lenders the added protection of title guaranty and escrow services. Through the STAR System, (Stewart Title Attorney Referral System), local STAR lawyers continue their role in the real estate transaction but have the opportunity to provide their customers the added benefits of title guaranty and escrow service. This unique combination of local market expertise and the international financial protection provided by a Stewart Title adds significant security and peace of mind to potential real estate investors throughout the Latin American region.
Stewart Title Puerto Vallarta provides customers with a suite of services; Title Insurance, Escrow & Closing Coordination, that add transparency, security and peace of mind to real estate transactions. For further information visit their office located at Peninsula Village between 9am & 6pm, Monday to Friday, or contact: Stewart Title Puerto Vallarta. Tel: (322) 209 1483 Mexico Toll Free: 01 800 702 9559 US: (1) 713 271 5453 firstname.lastname@example.org www.stewartpv.com