Great Tips for Future Residents
Published Nov 1, 2009 - (Updated Aug 30, 2013)
Featured in Vallarta Lifestyles Magazine, Fall/Winter 2009 issue.
Are you ready to make the big transition and relocate to Puerto Vallarta? For most of us, moving to a different city or country involves a slew of cultural, logistical, financial and medical adjustments. We asked Learn Vallarta, a new service in town that specializes in helping first-time visitors and potential residents get off to a good start, for a few key pointers.
- Know yourself well enough to realize the transition you are making may be the most unusual and exciting in your life – be open to the differences.
- Expect things and people to go slower; but on the other hand, courtesies and helpful guidance abound.
- Make sure your finances are in order and can support you while living here.
- Understand your medical needs and insurance coverage for Mexico.
- Find a knowledgeable local friend or consultant to help you better understand the infrastructure (telephones, immigration, transportation, banking, etc).
- Embrace your new life and culture with joy! Go beyond your comfort zone. Magical synchronicity is found here for whatever you do.