Local artist Ada Colorina is widely renowned for her simple, yet sophisticated, depictions of everyday life in traditional Mexican towns. Using Puerto Vallarta as her main source of inspiration, she covers her canvases with bright, intense colors, creating beautiful and vibrant images of commonplace scenes. She has represented Puerto Vallarta internationally in many art-related events. Her home, which doubles as studio and permanent exhibition space, is located in Paso Ancho, a Puerto Vallarta neighborhood located along the Cuale River, where the city meets the mountains, and is open by appointment.
Most recent Exhibitions
- 2009 — Casa Enlace Vallarta's art exhibition, Guadalajara, Jal.
- 2010 — Collective exhibition "Cristos", Televisa's art room, Guadalajara, Jal.
- 2010 — Collective exhibition "Vallarta al Mar" Daniel Manzano/La Malagua artist book project, Los Mangos Library, Puerto Vallarta, Jal.
- 2010 - 2011 — Collective exhibition "4 mujeres 4 vientres", Museum of Exconvento Dieguino, Guanajuato, Gto.
- 2011 — Solo Exhibition, "Tributo a Tequitqui" El Viejo Zaguán Galería-Café, Guanajuato, Gto.
- 2011 — Collective exhibition "Día de Muertos", University of Guanajuato's patio, Gto.
- 2011 — Collective exhibition "Golden Age Vallarta", Galería Uno, Puerto Vallarta, Jal.
- 2011 — Solo Exhibition, Hotel Garza Blanca Resort, Puerto Vallarta, Jal.
- 2011 — Collective, "Tronos y Cronos", City Hall's patio, Puerto Vallarta, Jal.
- 2012 — Collective, "Guanajuato en Vallarta", Naval Museum of Puerto Vallarta, Jal.
- 2012 — Collective, "IV MUAG" Guanajuato's artists show, museum of Exconvento Dieguino, Guanajuato, Gto.
- 1993 — Book illustration, "Vitlles, Vistas y Vigentes de Puerto Vallarta"
- 1996 — Book participation, "Cuatro Siglos de Pintura Jaliciense" by CP Guillermo Ramírez Godoy
- 1997 — Book participation, "La Caja del Archivo Muerto" by Lic. Félix Fernando Baños
- 2002 — Book illustration, "Uitzitzilin" by Prof. Juan Manuel Gómez Encarnación
- 2004 — Creation of official branding, Puerto Vallarta's 49th Sail Fish Tournament
- 2005 — Book participation, "Lee Conmigo" by Prof. Graciela Valdez