Top Ten Best-Kept Activity Secrets
Published Jun 2, 2009 - (Updated Dec 3, 2012)
Featured in Vallarta Lifestyles Magazine, Spring/Summer 2009 issue.
Beyond the glitz and high profile are some activities and destinations that you may not have heard of.
1. Crocodile Farm — Safely observe crocs at Cocodrilario El Cora, near Flamingos Golf Course. 044 (322) 129-8504
2. Cinepolis 3D Theater — A specific salon that’s all 3D all the time. Located in Plaza Soriana at Francisco Villa 1642-A, Puerto Vallarta. Plaza Soriana, Francisco Villa 1642-A, Puerto Vallarta. (322) 225-1251
3. Las Carmelitas — Relish the view from this sky-high restaurant at Camino a la Aguacatera Km. 1.2. Reservations (322) 303-2104
4. Seasonal Malecón Sculpture Tours — Meet at Millennium Sculpture by Hotel Rosita. Free Tuesday AM tours by Gary Thompson of Galeria Pacifico. Call 222-1982 to confirm dates.
5. Home Tours for Charity — International Friendship Club’s behind the scenes tours of luxury villas. Call (322) 222-5466 for dates and reservations.
6. Sunday Market in Sayulita — Shop til you drop and then hit the beach. Only 35 km. from Vallarta on Highway 200 via car, taxi or local bus.
7. Hiking Path From Boca to Las Animas — A picturesque jungle trail high above the surf. Drive, take a bus or cruise by water taxi south to Boca de Tomatlán, then ask the locals to point you to the pathway. And before you go, check out our own article about this hike!
8. Conchas Chinas Beach — The tranquil playa just beyond the bustle of Los Muertos. Follow the path over the rocks at the south end of this popular beach to find secluded privacy.
9. Plaza Lázaro Cárdenas Stage — Enjoy freebies such as the Xuitla Dancers on Friday evenings. Located at the corner of Olas Altas and Venustiano Carranza on the south side of El Centro.
10. The Other End of the Island — Isla Cuale’s inland point is home to gardens and culture. Take the steps down to the island from the bridge on Insurgentes and walk inland.