VirtualVallarta.com’s Top Ten News Stories of 2013 and Topic Trends
Published Dec 30, 2013, 3:48pm -
Every Thursday, after we’ve mailed our weekly Vallarta Lifestyles Newsletter to our subscriber base, we begin monitoring which news items seem to interest our readers the most. This helps us fine-tune our focus to constantly bring you the type of news you are truly interested in. Here are the ten news items you clicked on the most during 2013:
- Puerto Vallarta Says Bye-Bye Billboards
- Trip Advisor Presents Travelers’ Choice Results
- Puerto Vallarta Inaugurates New Pier
- Choice Vallarta Restaurants Open in September
- Two Minutes with David Connell
- Vallarta - Nayarit Establish Promotional Alliance
- Vallarta Lifestyles’ May Issue, Available Online
- New Movie Picnic Film Series in Puerto Vallarta
- Behold the Battle of the Budget Brunch
- Act II Entertainment Celebrates New Space Pre-Opening
Once we determined the top two news items from each Vallarta Lifestyles Newsletter, we assigned them to broad categories to determine the topics that most interest you. In the past, we’ve known that food and dining-related news have been very high in your priority list. And while it continues to be an important subject for you, news about our destination took precedence in your choices, and the most interesting topic, according to your reading choices, was performing arts.
To that effect, we are fortunate as a destination that venues such as Teatro Vallarta, The Palm Cabaret and Lounge and Act II Entertainment’s Stages continue to offer quality entertainment for English and Spanish-speaking visitors and locals. All three venues shared news items with us throughout the year and we gladly distributed them whenever possible. As we move into 2014, we look forward to more exciting performers from these and other venues around the bay. A trending topics chart follows. For clarity, percentages for real estate, health & beauty, getaway and miscellaneous topics were omitted.