The Paso Ancho Art Association recently announced their second annual “Deztinación: El Río del Arte” annual art expo, to benefit the Colina Spray & Neuter clinic. The event will take place on Thursday, December 5, from 1-6 pm, at El Río BBQ Bar. Produced by its founders, internationally-renowned Puerto Vallarta artists Ada Colorina, Carolina and Karen Lahm, the event promises to be a not-to-be-missed family fiesta, such that they have provided six compelling reasons why you should be there:
- You will reawaken your artistic senses in a “River of Art,” get your face painted, treat your taste buds to fabulous food and drink, and paint on a community mural.
- Talk with local and internationally known artists like Ada Colorina (Puerto Vallarta sister cities ambassador to the arts), Marta Gilbert (renowned Native American artist), Javier Niño (acclaimed muralist and “nail style,”artist) and other local artists, jewelers, sculptors and designers.
- Discover the creative soul of Paso Ancho, a charming Mexican neighborhood, a world away in rustic charm, five minutes from downtown P Vallarta. (Bus #4 runs often, with pickups from Farmacia Guadalajara in Colonia Emiliano Zapata, taxis, street parking).
- See why local foodies flock to El Rio BBQ for sizzling slow smoked ribs, marlin and seafood salads. The venue is surrounded by nature on the banks of Rio Cuale, under a spacious palapa.
- Have a chance to win original art and high value prizes in a silent auction and raffle which benefits Colina, Vallarta’s free Spay & Neuter Clinic.
- Mingle with locals and visitors, and learn about art, zip lining, horseback riding and other activities offered in Paso Ancho.
“We’re excited to share our artistic riches and magical charm of our village,” say Paso Ancho Art Association founders, Ada Colorina, Karen Lahm and Carolina, three artists drawn by the luxury and fun living in the serenity, natural beauty and inspiration of Paso Ancho. "See you on December 5!"