The River Café Announces Garlic Mango Festival
Published Jun 3, 2013, 4:05pm - (Updated Oct 21, 2013, 12:45pm)
As the summer heats up, what could be cooler than the tantalizing combination of succulent mangos and savory garlic? Join The River Café as they bring back their legendary For the Love of Garlic and Mango festival for the month of June. For 30 days, you and your loved ones can delight in the unique coupling of this dynamic ingredient duo while indulging in the natural ambiance of one of Puerto Vallarta’s favorite dining destinations.
Relax in the elegance of flickering candlelight, fine Mexican art, live music, and white linen dining as you overlook the rolling waters of the Rio Cuale. Enjoy a glass of your favorite wine or distilled spirits as you contemplate which For the Love of Garlic and Mango dish will tantalize your taste buds during this extraordinary culinary event. The menu, as follows:
For the Table
- Mango Chutney & Crostini served with a Roasted Garlic bulb
Appetizers (Choose one)
- Double Garlic Cream of Potato Soup with a Chipotle Aioli
- Tossed Caesar Salad with Bacon and Homemade Croutons with Anchovy Garlic Dressing
Main Entrees (Choose one)
- Penne with Roasted Garlic, Pancetta and Green Peas with a Creamy Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- Filet Mignon marinated in fresh Garlic, Rosemary and Thyme grilled to perfection and served with Roasted Garlic Mashed and Vegetables
- Grilled Chicken Breast with a 40-Clove Cream Sauce served with Roasted Garlic Mashed and Steamed Vegetables
- Shrimp Al Pastor served with roasted Pineapple and Cilantro Risotto with a Mango reduction sauce
- Brandy Glazed Fresh Cut Mango over Vanilla Ice Cream
You can have all of this—plus the natural beauty and ambiance of the Rio Cuale—for only $299 pesos per person. The River Café’s For the Love of Garlic and Mango three-course menu will be available for your dining pleasure throughout June from noon to 11:30 pm.
The $299 pesos per person price is not valid with other promotions or discounts. Beverages and gratuity not included. For more information, please click here.