Pacific Paddle Announces Copa Barracuda
Pacific Paddle recently announced a stand-up paddle race, to take place on January 27 in Puerto Vallarta. The event is designed to introduce novices to the popular sport. Participate on a free clinic to try stand-up paddling for the first time, or refine your stroke just before the race.
Pacific Paddle recently announced a new stand-up paddle race, to take place on January 27 in Puerto Vallarta. The event is designed to introduce novices to the popular sport, regardless of your ability level, such that you can participate on a free clinic to try stand-up paddling for the first time, or refine your stroke just before the race.
Organizer, Adam Finer from Pacific Paddle remarked: “Race number 2 will add some new excitement to the event with a cash purse up for grabs in the Watermans Challenge, which will consist of a swim, paddle and run. $3000 pesos are on the line, so the main event will be stacked with top athletes of many different disciplines!
The event will be headquartered at El Barracuda, a popular seafood restaurant located in Puerto Vallarta’s Camarones beach, right beside the Buenaventura Hotel. The location will provide spectators with great views and delicious food right in front of all the race action. Raffles tickets will be sold with proceeds going to the Mexican National SUP Team in an effort to raise funds to send them to the ISA Games in PERU this coming February. The ISA Games is like the Olympics of Paddle Surfing allowing talented athletes to represent their country as they participate in several disciplines of paddle sports.
The following is a tentative race schedule:
- 9 am – 10:00 am • Registration
- 10:30 am • 500 Meter Sprints – Heats 1 to 5 , Semi Finals.
- 11:30 am • Clinic with Mexican National SUP Team – Experts, Intermediates, and Beginners
- 12 pm • The Copa Barracuda 10km distance race - Categories Men and Women – Junior 17 & under, 17- 30, Masters 31 -50, Kahunas 50 +
- 12:30 pm • Beginner Race 500m fun race - Categories Men and Women – Junior 17 & under, 17- 30, Masters 31 -50, Kahunas 50 +
- 1:30 pm • Relay race – Teams of 5 people, must have at least one member of opposite sex and one participant over 50. (send email with team members and team Name to email@example.com to pre register..)
- 2:30 pm • Watermans Challenge OPEN RACE 3000 peso purse.
- 3 pm • Awards presentation and party at El Barracuda Restaurant
Pacific Paddle will have limited supply of SUP boards to use for the clinic and race, to reserve board send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject Copa Barracuda.
Source: Adam Finer
A link to this page will be included with your message.
E-mail addresses supplied to this service will be used only to send the requested link.