Tianguis Turistico Puerto Vallarta/Riviera Nayarit Dates Confirmed
Published Sep 5, 2011, 10:50am - (Updated Nov 29, 2011, 5:23pm)
Mexico’s Tourism Secretary (SECTUR) has released a news bulletin confirming the final dates for the 37th Tianguis Turístico México, to take place in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit on March 25 - 28, 2012. Held every year in Acapulco for the previous 36 instances, this important event begins a new phase, changing venues on a yearly basis, Banderas Bay being the first location other than Acapulco. The bulletin, in Spanish, can be read in its entirety in SECTUR’s official website. Its highlights, in English, follow:
- The official venue will be Puerto Vallarta’s Convention Center.
- It is expected that the number of participants will increase by 50% when compared with last year’s attendance.
- The event will bring together the most important representatives from the national and international tourism industry.
- Tianguis Turístico México is our country’s most important tourism business platform. 16,000 meetings were scheduled during last year’s event, estimated to have brought over three thousand million pesos in tourism revenue throughout the country.
- An organizing committee has been put in place, with representatives from SECTUR, Mexico’s Tourism Promotion Council, Nayarit and Jalisco’s tourism offices, Jalisco’s Tourism Promotion Office, and Nayarit’s Conventions and Visitors Bureau.