Tucson's Human Borders President Will Offer a Lecture in Puerto Vallarta
Published Feb 24, 2010, 5:44pm - (Updated Nov 28, 2011, 6:34pm)
Rev. Robin Hoover, President of Humane Borders in Tucson, Arizona (www.humaneborders.org), will offer a lecture on March 2nd at 7:00 pm in the Centro Universitario de la Costa auditorium. The event, organized by Democrats Abroad Mexico - Costa Banderas Chapter, is open to anyone in the local community. The conference will be simultaneously translated into Spanish.
Humane Borders Association was founded to create a fair and humane border between Mexico and the United States. The priorities of this organization are:
• Reduce the number of deaths among migrants crossing the U.S. border.
• Invite the public to debate on migration and achieve policy change that America has to get for safe and proper deportation through border crossings.
• To provide legal status to undocumented workers living in the U.S.
• To provide fair employment opportunities and legal migrants within the United States.
• To provide financial assistance to agencies and organizations working for migrants in American territory.
Founder and Chairman Emeritus of Humane Borders, rev. Robin Hoover will present his work in this organization that hopes to save lives and reduce the risks and suffering of migrants across the border from Mexico and the United States. He will also discuss the urgent need for immigration reform it might be achieved. There will be a symbolic recovery fee of $50 pesos. For more information, please contact Julie Guerrero at firstname.lastname@example.org.